Five Ways to Get This Party Started
So you’re on a date, how do you get the conversation started? What questions do you ask to learn more about your date without sounding like you’re on a job interview? Here are some ideas to get you going:
- What are you most passionate about?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
- What would your Shark Tank idea be?
- What’s something you’re really bad at?
- Craft beer, wine or a cocktail?
I also have a book or two that I’m currently reading that I will bring up if the conversation drags. I’ll say something like, “have you read the new Orphan X thriller?” Or, if nothing else, I’ll take a quick scan at the newspaper prior to the date. There is always something current that sparks my interest and will add to the conversation. A little prep work will make your date much more interesting for both of you!